SGTL5000 misc

Erik Friesen friesendrywall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 05:42:46 PST 2016

First post on the list here..

I have been working with an embeddedarm ts4900 and built a baseboard
that uses the sgtl5000.  I also have worked with the RiotBoard, which
uses the same chip, both using the i.mx6 arm.  I find that
occasionally the sgtl5000 is resetting, and there is no way to bring
it back online.  As near as I can tell, the i2c bus comes back alive,
for example alsamixer communicates fine, coms happen on the i2c bus
per scope.  However, its obvious the chip never got re initialized by
how it acts.

I know the thing shouldn't reset, that is the primary problem, but I
still want some backup method.  Its probably due to ground bounce from
a non earth grounded setup.  It could be that using the external
regulator will help, we will see.

Is there a suggestion on a way the sgtl5000.c could be extended to
support some sort of re init routine?

I am using the embeddedarm repo as a base.