[GIT PULL 1/6] Broadcom soc changes for 4.10

Rafał Miłecki rafal at milecki.pl
Thu Dec 1 03:18:26 PST 2016

On 2016-11-30 17:52, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday, November 21, 2016 9:48:19 PM CET Florian Fainelli wrote:
>> This pull request contains Broadcom ARM-based SoC changes for 4.10,
>> please pull
>> the following:
>>
>> - Rafal adds back the abort handler hook on BCM5301x which is required
>> to silence
>>   errors forwared from the PCIe controller that cannot be silenced at
>> the PCIe RC level
>>

> Pulled into next/soc.
>
> It's unclear to me whether we want this to be backported to stable
> kernels,
> can you clarify?

It took me/us so much time to get an agreement on this patch I totally
forgot
about backporting it to stable.

To be clear it indeed fixes a regression. Commit 937b12306ea79 ("ARM:
BCM5301X:
remove workaround imprecise abort fault handler") went into 4.5, so this
one
could be backported to 4.5+.

As this has been already pulled, I think I'll wait for it to appear in
Linus's
tree and just e-mail stable guys manually (unless someone objects).
Thanks for
bringing my attention to this.