[GIT PULL] Renesas ARM Based SoC DT PM Domain Updates for v4.7

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Apr 28 08:56:16 PDT 2016

On Wednesday 27 April 2016 14:20:34 Simon Horman wrote:
> Please consider these Renesas ARM based SoC DT pm-domain updates for v4.7.
>
> This pull requests is based on a merge of:
>
> * "[GIT PULL] Second Round of Renesas ARM Based SoC R-Car SYSC Updates for
>   v4.7", tagged as renesas-rcar-sysc2-for-v4.7, which you have already
>   pulled.
> * "[GIT PULL v2] Renesas ARM Based SoC DT Updates for v4.7",
>   tagged as renesas-dt-for-v4.7, which you have also already pulled.
>
> The reason for the somewhat tedious base on
> renesas-rcar-sysc2-for-v4.7, which provides driver changes,
> is a hard run-time dependency.
>
> I also have a similar set of changes for arm64 which I will send separately.

Ok, I've started a next/late branch for this now, but unless something
else comes up that needs to be sent much later, I expect to submit
this as the last pull request at the same time as all the other ones
for 4.7.

For further clarification, am I right reading the above as meaning that
a 4.7 kernel is expected to still work with the dts files from 4.6,
but not the other way round?

	Arnd