Unhandled fault or spinlock lockup suspected ?

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Sep 29 09:22:46 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 06:02:33PM +0200, Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:
> I tried the last git linux master on a embedded system that worked with a
> 3.19.0 kernel before. I solved most of the problems caused by the kernel
> upgrade, but every 15 to 20 minutes I get this type of kernel report:

Yes, it's because of the user access changes.  The uaccess_with_memcpy()
code got broken, and despite trying to fix it, it seems that it's still
broken.  I'll try again to fix it in the next few days.

In any case, unless you have a Marvell platform, you should have this
disabled - it provides a performance boost for Marvell platforms, but
degrades performance everywhere else.  Please ensure that you disable
CONFIG_UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY.

according to speedtest.net.