Steps to submit a new arch/arm port

Mason slash.tmp at free.fr
Fri Sep 25 02:27:47 PDT 2015

On 21/09/2015 17:49, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> - Makefile.boot should not be needed

$ cat arch/arm/mach-tangox/Makefile.boot
  zreladdr-y		+= 0x80008000
params_phys-y		:= 0x80000100
initrd_phys-y		:= 0x80800000

I see that defining ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM selects AUTO_ZRELADDR
Is that what is supposed to make Makefile.boot not required?

If I remove Makefile.boot altogether, 'make uImage' fails with

  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
multiple (or no) load addresses:
This is incompatible with uImages
Specify LOADADDR on the commandline to build an uImage
make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/uImage] Error 1
make: *** [uImage] Error 2

On an unrelated topic, someone wrote
select CPU_USE_DOMAINS if MMU
in my platform Kconfig. But looking at arm/mm/Kconfig,
it looks like it is not set for other V7 platforms.
Is this an obsolete feature that I should remove?

Regards.