i.MX27 device tree

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:57:48 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 6:04 PM, Pierluigi Passaro
<pierluigi.passaro at phoenixsoftware.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I do need to test latest 4.1 kernel on i.MX27 PDK, but I'm not able to find
> any bootloader providinfg dts support.
>
> Could you give any suggestion?

You can use Redboot to boot a mainline kernel on mx27pdk.

make imx_v4_v5_defconfig
make menuconfig

Boot options--->

then select:

[*] Use appended device tree blob to zImage (EXPERIMENTAL)
[*]   Supplement the appended DTB with traditional ATAG information

Build the kernel: make
Build the dtb: make imx27-pdk.dtb

Append the dtb to the kernel:
cat arch/arm/boot/zImage arch/arm/boot/dtb/imx27_pdk.dtb > zImage_combined

Rename zImage_combined to zImage and then boot it as it were a normal zImage.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam