I.MX6 HDMI support in v4.2

Lucas Stach l.stach at pengutronix.de
Tue Sep 8 07:48:06 PDT 2015

Am Dienstag, den 08.09.2015, 09:17 -0500 schrieb Robert Nelson:
> >> suspect that the iMX6 is going to be obsolete before we have a decent
> >> working video playback story on this hardware.
> >>
> > MX6Plus is just around the corner and will probably keep us busy for a
> > while. ;)
>
> Lucas,
>
> In which case, it "might" be a good idea to get the current version of
> etnaviv in mainline for current imx6's before you guys disappear again
> for mx6plus development..

This wasn't to signal that we are moving away from MX6 just to say that
there might be a lot more life in MX6 than what the above implies.

> As you guys are basically repeating what happened with the limadriver:
> http://limadriver.org/

We have no intention to repeat that.

> Remember, there is an etnaviv community.

I would love to get review feedback for what is currently in the open
from that community.

Regards,
Lucas

--
Pengutronix e.K.             | Lucas Stach                 |
Industrial Linux Solutions   | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |