[GIT PULL 1/2] Broadcom Device Tree changes for 4.4 (part 2)

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Fri Oct 23 11:26:52 PDT 2015

Hi Florian,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:43:10AM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> The following changes since commit eef228e3191de0b62ef5913be216f25ba6b23a4c:
>
>   ARM: dts: move aliases back to .dts in Cygnus (2015-09-24 18:30:10 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   http://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux tags/arm-soc/for-4.4/devicetree-part2
>
> for you to fetch changes up to da6b53a6f7abc3d84260a9f0ff9849a88b44e11f:
>
>   ARM: bcm2835: Switch to using the new clock driver support. (2015-10-19 11:32:24 -0700)

> This pull request contains the DT changes for BCM2835 in 4.4.  It
> pulls in clk/clk-bcm2835 (which Stephen Boyd has said would be stable)
> because the DT changes to enable the clock driver need the driver
> itself to be present. These changes include the following:
>
> - Eric Anholt, moves the bcm2835 clock driver under bcm/ where it belongs with
>   other Broadcom clock providers drivers, defines the binding for new clock
>   driver, adds support for programming the BCM2835 audio domain, adds the DDC I2C
>   controller to Device Tree, and finally migrates the Device Tree to use the new
>   clock driver binding
>
> - Lubomir Rintel adds support for the Raspberry Pi Model A+ and B revision 2, and
>   remove the I2S controller which is non-existent on Raspberry Pi Model B
>
> - Stefan Wahren adds an uart0 label for referencing the UART adapter

> Eric Anholt (5):
>       ARM: bcm2835: Add the DDC I2C controller to the device tree.
>       clk: bcm2835: Move under bcm/ with other Broadcom SoC clk drivers.

I see this patch in the branch, and it's signed off both by Stephen and you,
which makes me suspect you cherry-picked it over from their tree?

That means it'll exist in two copies and might cause pretty nasty conflicts at
merge time if other changes have gone in on top of the separate commits.
Instead, we ask that you share a branch with the same exact commits, since git
will handle that appropriately and the patch will only be in the tree once.

-Olof