l2c: Kernel panic in l2c310_enable() in non-secure mode

Mason slash.tmp at free.fr
Fri Oct 16 02:51:13 PDT 2015

On 15/10/2015 13:07, Marc Gonzalez wrote:

> One more question on this topic:
>
> When Linux sees L310_AUX_CTRL_FULL_LINE_ZERO set, it then enables:
>
>   bit3 = Write full line of zeros mode
>   bit2 = L1 Prefetch enable
>   bit1 = L2 Prefetch hint enable
>
> Why are the "prefetch enable" features bundled in the operation?

Russell,

The prefetch enable bits were introduced in commit 8ef418c7178fa
("ARM: l2c: trial at enabling some Cortex-A9 optimisations")

I didn't find a ML thread discussing that patch. Whenever possible,
could you provide some insight into the rationale leading you to
set bits 1 and 2 along with bit 3? (The ARM integrator here tends
to think the two concepts are somewhat orthogonal.)

Regards.