All OMAP platforms: MMC is broken

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Wed Oct 7 08:52:06 PDT 2015

* Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson at linaro.org> [151007 06:46]:

> Similar to MFD_SYSCON, why don't we have REGULATOR_PBIAS to be
> selected when omap_hsmmc is being used?
>
> It seems like that should also be a patch for the rc, right!?

Well selecting CONFIG_REGULATOR is still optional and force selecting
drivers usually leads into randconfig build issues sooner or later.
And we'd like to make everything into loadable modules eventually.

We could print a warning during MMC1 probe if REGULATOR_PBIAS
is not selected and attempt to continue probing?

Regards,

Tony