[RFC/PATCH 2/3] recordmcount: Record locations of __aeabi_{u}idiv() calls on ARM

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Nov 23 13:33:37 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 01:16:01PM -0800, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> Thanks. I don't see the prints on my system even with this config
> on top of allyesconfig. Odd.

Hmm.

It could be because I use ccache in hardlink mode to avoid the disk
overhead of having two copies and having to duplicate the file
contents.

If the kernel build thinks it can modify an object file in place, it
will lead to this, as it will end up modifying the stored ccache
file unless it specifically breaks the hardlink.

according to speedtest.net.