[RFC] User space to kernel space copy optimization

Sinan Kaya okaya at codeaurora.org
Mon Nov 16 13:53:27 PST 2015

One of the things I'm interested in is to use a memcpy capable DMA
engine HW to optimize user space and kernel space parameter copying.

Of course, this will not be viable for all parameter sizes but I can see
this being useful. The goal is to save power in the cost of little
performance.

Before I go and invent my own mechanism, I'd like to have ideas on what
an acceptable solution would look like. Especially, I'm looking for a
generic implementation that could plug into any DMA engine HW.

--
Sinan Kaya
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.