[RFCv2 2/2] rpi: add support to enable usb power domain

Alexander Aring alex.aring at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 04:22:37 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 08:15:35AM +0100, Stefan Wahren wrote:
> >+	bool "Raspberry Pi power domain driver"
> >+	depends on ARCH_BCM2835
> >+	depends on RASPBERRYPI_FIRMWARE
> >+	select PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS if PM
>
> Since PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS_OF depends on PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS this line should
> be redundant.

I can't remove the line:

select PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS if PM

here. It's true that "PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS_OF depends on PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS",
but Kconfig can't handle the dependency here with select. That's why
sometimes people teaches me "select is evil".

I will get:

warning: (RASPBERRYPI_POWER) selects PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS_OF which has
unmet direct dependencies (PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS && OF)

otherwise.

Nevertheless we can't also use "depends on PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS if PM"
because, PM_GENERIC_DOMAINS is a hidden entry (has no Kconfig prompt).

- Alex