Linus HEAD build break

Felipe Balbi balbi at ti.com
Fri Nov 6 06:40:44 PST 2015

Hi,

Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Felipe Balbi <balbi at ti.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> Felipe Balbi <balbi at ti.com> writes:
>>> Hi Marek,
>>>
>>> your commit af19161aaed7 ("ARM: dts: twl4030: Add iio properties for bci
>>> subnode") breaks build on current linus/master (which current sits in
>>
>> this commit cannot be found in next. How come it's in linus/master ?
> I did post fix but Tony seems doesn't merge it:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/10/13/816

looking at that thread, I have no idea how come the old version was
merged in the first place. Tony was clear that it broke build and yet
this patch has made its way to mainline and it didn't even go through
linux-next, which makes the problem worse.

Now we have a bisection point where the tree (well, some DTS files)
won't even build. This is quite messy.

--
balbi