v7-M: Fixing XIP when the kernel is in ROM

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Tue Nov 3 12:09:01 PST 2015

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 05:52:53PM +0000, Chris Brandt wrote:
> > So the right fix is to move __v7m_setup_stack to .data I guess.
>

> Since my set of patches went nowhere, last week we had a look at doing just that (using a pre-allocated stack in .data instead of hard coding to the top of PLAT_PHYS_OFFSET).
>
> Here's the code we came up with. Seems to work on XIP and non-XIP builds as well as SMP and non-SMP.
>

> Maybe you can try this technique to allocate the temporary stack in the data section.
I think for v7-M it's easier. Just move the stack to .data and use it
from there where the linker put it to.

> arch/arm/mm/proc-v7.S |   25 +++++++++++++++++++++++--
I would have expected a patch to v7m in this thread.

You seem to fix a different problem so I suggest you start a new thread
with a subject that gets the attention from people that know about the
v7-[AR] details.

Best regards
Uwe