[GIT PULL 2/2] omap1 sparse irq support for v4.2

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu May 21 14:33:36 PDT 2015

On Thursday 21 May 2015 11:36:30 Tony Lindgren wrote:

> > OK got it triggered here too with randconfig builds now.
> > This seems to be related to not selecting some omap1 SoCs or
> > boards. I'll try to do a minimal fix for it today.
> >
> > It seems the include changes you posted would be better done
> > by replacing the the dependencies to mach/irqs.h where possible
> > rather than adding more includes?

Yes, I guess we can do that too. FWIW, almost all the problems
were uses of cpu_is_omap*(), omap_read*() and omap_write*().

There are quite a lot of them overall, but at least they are
easy to grep for, and there should be an obvious fix for each
of them, following what you did on OMAP2 a couple of years ago.

> OK figured it out. We now rely on an indirect include selected
> with ARCH_OMAP15XX. Here's what I suggest as a fix for this
> issue, obviously the real fix is to fix the legacy drivers to not
> #include <mach/*.h>.

Ok, I've put this patch in my randconfig build setup to replace
my older patch, let's see if there are still some corner cases
left. So far, everything looks good (50 random mach-omap1 builds
done). Can you send an updated pull request with the fix folded in?

	Arnd