[GIT PULL] SoCFPGA updates for v4.2

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue May 12 13:25:45 PDT 2015

On Tuesday 12 May 2015 22:20:53 Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday 11 May 2015 14:12:09 dinguyen at opensource.altera.com wrote:
> > SoCFPGA updates for v4.2
> > - Add big endian support
> > - Add earlyprintk support on UART1 that is used on Arria10
> > - Remove the need to map uart_io_desc
> >

> The patches look almost ok, but please clarify a minor issue:
>
>  static void __init socfpga_map_io(void)
>  {
>         socfpga_scu_map_io();
> -       iotable_init(&uart_io_desc, 1);
> -       early_printk("Early printk initialized\n");
>  }
>

> You have a map_io() function here, which means that the debug_ll_io_init()
> function is not called. How does the debug_ll mapping get created then?
>
> If it's not, I think the best solution is to remove the socfpga_map_io()
> function entirely, and turn socfpga_scu_base_addr into a local variable
> in arch/arm/mach-socfpga/platsmp.c that gets set using of_iomap().

One more thing: the socfpga board in Olof's boot farm fails to boot
with multi_v7_defconfig, see
http://arm-soc.lixom.net/bootlogs/arm-soc/v4.1-rc3-165-g3d58f43/socfpga-arm-multi_v7_defconfig.html

Could you have a look and see if you can reproduce that probem and send
a fix if possible? It seems to work fine with socfpga_defconfig, so maybe
it's just some Kconfig option we need to enable?

	Arnd