"ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: Enable shmobile platforms" breaks Tegra20 multi_v7_defconfig boot

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Wed Mar 25 15:00:02 PDT 2015

Hi Tyler

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, Tyler Baker wrote:

> On 25 March 2015 at 11:03, Paul Walmsley <paul at pwsan.com> wrote:
>
> > Looks like commit 4a3a6f86693922b29cf829c63f652b057f14619e ("ARM:
> > multi_v7_defconfig: Enable shmobile platforms") breaks Tegra20
> > multi_v7_defconfig boot.
> >
> > Boot log before:
> >
> > http://nvt.pwsan.com/pub/pwalmsley-tester/testlogs/test_20150325105514_6af714b069dc278d5d8e1b7afc13568f71d9aba8/20150325105514/boot/tegra20-trimslice/tegra20-trimslice/multi_v7_defconfig_log.txt
> >
> > Boot log after:
> >
> > http://nvt.pwsan.com/pub/pwalmsley-tester/testlogs/test_20150325105350_4a3a6f86693922b29cf829c63f652b057f14619e/20150325105350/boot/tegra20-trimslice/tegra20-trimslice/multi_v7_defconfig_log.txt
> >

> > Any ideas?  Stephen Warren thinks there might be an initcall that might
> > not check to see what kind of device it's running on.
>
> Can you try to shift your kernel load address around a bit? From
> experience with the boards from kernelci.org we find that as the multi
> v7 kernel size increases they can clobber memory when they get
> decompressed.

Thanks, that was it:

http://nvt.pwsan.com/pub/pwalmsley-tester/testlogs/test_20150325144058_6af714b069dc278d5d8e1b7afc13568f71d9aba8/20150325144058/boot/tegra20-trimslice/tegra20-trimslice/multi_v7_defconfig_log.txt

Should have guessed when absolutely no debug output was emitted by the
board...

Sorry for the false alarm, Geert!

- Paul