Any policy issues with 2 drivers sharing a gpio?

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Sun Mar 15 18:25:20 PDT 2015

The SolidRun Cubox has a recessed button between the HDMI and RJ-45
connectors. The current dts tree does nothing with it but I'd like to
do 2 mutually-exclusive things with it.  First, have gpio-keys expose
it as a button and second, have pps-gpio claim it as a pps input.
Technically not an issue; whichever driver loads first wins.  Before I
submit a patch though, I wanted to make sure they'll be no heartburn
with 2 devices apparently claiming the same gpio.

thanks.