[PATCH v2 0/4] Add Mediatek SPI bus driver
leilk.liu at mediatek.com
Mon Jun 29 06:04:26 PDT 2015
Mediatek SPI BUS controller has 3 hardware restrictions:
1. Hw has the restriction that in one transfer, length must be a multiple of
1024, when it's greater than 1024bytes.
2. Hw tx/rx have 4bytes aligned restriction.
3. For MT8173 IC: RX must enable TX, then TX transfer dummy data; TX don't need
to enable RX.
Some workarounds are done in SPI driver code base on v4.1-rc1.
Change in v2:
1. Remove spi bitbang framwork, use can_dma() and transfer_one().
2. Add PM functions.
3. Fix Mark Brown review comment.
Leilk Liu (4):
spi: support spi without dma channel to use can_dma()
dt-bindings: ARM: Mediatek: Document devicetree bindings for spi bus
spi: mediatek: Add spi bus for Mediatek MT8173
arm64: dts: Add spi bus dts
.../devicetree/bindings/spi/spi-mt65xx.txt | 32 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi | 9 +
drivers/spi/Kconfig | 9 +
drivers/spi/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/spi/spi-mt65xx.c | 656 +++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/spi/spi.c | 22 +-
6 files changed, 725 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/spi/spi-mt65xx.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/spi/spi-mt65xx.c
More information about the linux-arm-kernel