IMX6 - PCIe device tree assignments

Krzysztof Hałasa khalasa at piap.pl
Thu Jun 25 23:20:47 PDT 2015

Thanks for your response.

Tim Harvey <tharvey at gateworks.com> writes:

> I became aware of the interrupt mapping side-effect recently of this
> downstream patch as well. I believe the issue is that the pci nodes
> need to be fully described including the interrupt* properties. My
> plan is to address this with a bootloader fixup which will dynamically
> build the device-tree representation of the pcie nodes on the bus
> (because some boards have PCI switches with differing number of
> ports).

Wouldn't it be better if the device tree PCI code accepted the extra
data (basically the "eth1" alias) without changing information which
wasn't explicitly specified (such as IRQ mapping)?

> For now, do not use the down-stream patch and assign the mac addresses
> in a different fashion if using mainline linux on the GW54xx/GW53xx.

That's what I have been doing, though the patch looks like a better,
transparent solution.
--
Krzysztof Halasa

Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP
Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warsaw, Poland