Converting "board file" to device tree one device at a time?

Mason slash.tmp at free.fr
Fri Jul 31 09:17:11 PDT 2015

On 31/07/2015 17:05, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> My /guess/ is that you have an .init_machine callback in place, but that
> is not calling of_platform_populate(NULL, of_default_bus_match_table,
> NULL, NULL); which means none of the DT-described devices are being
> created.

You guessed right. Thanks again!

One more question, if I may.

I deleted the .init_machine callback, but the board init
function was still being called!

MACHINE_START(TANGOX_87XX, "TANGOX_87XX")
  //.init_machine = tangox_87xx_board_init,
MACHINE_END

I suspected it might be called directly from elsewhere,
and launched grep:

  arch_initcall(tangox_init_devices);

I suppose the arch_initcall macro registers the function
to be called at some point during init?

Then this means that, before I commented the .init_machine
callback, the function was being called twice?

Once through .init_machine and once through arch_initcall?

Regards.