Regression with legacy IRQ numbers caused by 9a1091ef0017

Marc Zyngier marc.zyngier at arm.com
Fri Jan 16 09:23:05 PST 2015

On 16/01/15 16:56, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 15 January 2015 07:37:48 Tony Lindgren wrote:
>> * Marc Zyngier <marc.zyngier at arm.com> [150115 06:46]:
>>> Probably there is a workable strategy, but my knowledge about OMAP is
>>> close to *nothing*...
>>
>> I have a feeling this might bite other platforms too and we just have
>> not noticed it yet..
>
> I'm looking through the entire tree now, scanning for machines that have
> GIC and use IORESOURCE_IRQ or DEFINE_RES_IRQ in their platform code.
> Most platforms using GIC are completely converted to DT and have no
> hardcoded legacy IRQs.
>
> I have checked that cns3xxx and realview are both fine by inspection.
>
> The only one I'm not sure about is shmobile, which looks like it might
> suffer from the same problem. Simon/Magnus, could you verify this
> with a multiplatform kernel on any SoC that has GIC and uses devices
> that have interrupts defined in setup-*.c or board-*.c?

There are 3 patches floating around for shmobile, converting their
non-DT support to directly initializing the GIC instead of relying on
irqchip_init(). That's assuming their DT implementation doesn't use any
of these device declarations.

If they do, we could use a hack similar to the one I implemented for
OMAP, populating the virtual IRQ in the resource at boot time, just
after the irqchip initialization.

Thanks,

	M.