Regression with legacy IRQ numbers caused by 9a1091ef0017

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Jan 16 08:30:19 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 08:21:20AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> [150115 09:22]:
> > On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 07:28:39AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> [150115 02:53]:

> > > I think it gets triggered if you enable PREEMPT.
> >
> > That's something which we can try to prove... build running now with
> > CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
>
> Looks like you now have the omap_l3_noc error appear for sdp4430 in
> your logs after enabling PREEMPT.
>
> I guess that means case closed for this one?

I would still like to understand /why/ enabling preempt causes the error.
Changing the preempt configuration really should not change what happens
on the bus.  (Think about it.)  It's an indication that there is some
other error present.

Unfortunately, the OMAP hardware appears to make it impossible to
determine what the access that caused the error was, so it looks like
it's pretty much undebuggable.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.