n900 audio: any ideas how to get headset speaker to work?

Patrik Bachan aka DiGGiT patrikbachan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 06:45:27 PST 2015

> Hi!
>
> By default, output goes to loudspeaker (top right relative to
> keyboard). Any ideas how to switch it to the speaker on the left or
> wired headset? Because I suspect that echo cancelation is not going to
> be simple...
>                                                                         Pavel
> --
> (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
> (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html

Hi,
in case of direct alsa output (not PA), setup is pretty complex.
Headphones referenced as line. All audio outputs are differential.
Here are controls that affects volumes...

global:
 PCM (volume)
 left/right DAC mux (below)
      -- DAC_L1/R1 passes sound to loudspeakers, line, (maybe others)
      -- DAC_L2/R2 passes sound to loudspeakers, NOT line, (maybe others)
      -- DAC_L3/R3 passes sound to NOT loudspeakers, line, (maybe others)
      if DAC_L1/R1 is chosen, you can hear lower volume on both
outputs in compare to dedicated outputs (DAC_L2/R2, DAC_L3/R3),
probabbly due to higher load of ADC

loudspeakers:
 Speaker function (on)
 HP (unmute)
 HP DAC (volume)
 left HP Mixer DACL1 (below)
 right HP Mixer DACR1 (below)
   --unmute theese two,  this will pass left channel sound to left
channel output and vice versa
 left HP Mixer DACR1 (below)
 right HP Mixer DACL1 (below)
  --mute these two, this controls channel crosstalk ( amount of left
channel sound going to right channel output and vice versa)

line:
 line (unmute)
 line DAC (volume)
 jack function (headphone)
 TPA6130A2 Headphone (volume)
 left Line Mixer DACL1 (below)
 right Line Mixer DACR1 (below)
   --unmute theese two,  this will pass left channel sound to left
channel output and vice versa
 left Line Mixer DACR1 (below)
 right Line Mixer DACL1 (below)