[RFC/RFT 0/6] qcom: Add runtime PM support

Rajendra Nayak rnayak at codeaurora.org
Thu Apr 23 01:45:38 PDT 2015

The patches add runtime PM support (using PM clocks) for
devices in qcom SoCs. Also converts serial/sdhci/i2c and
spi drivers to cleanup clock handling and use runtime PM
apis instead.

There are a couple [1][2] of other patch series that this one is
based off, so I have pushed a branch [3] with all the dependecies
if anyone wants to play with this series.
I have been able to test the serial and sdhci driver changes to a
fair extent, i2c for a sucessfull probe and could not test anything
on spi. So any testing on these drivers is highly appreciated.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-arm-msm@vger.kernel.org/msg14157.html
[2] https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-arm-msm@vger.kernel.org/msg14268.html
[3] https://github.com/rrnayak/linux/tree/v4.0/runtime-rfc

Rajendra Nayak (6):
  PM / clock_ops: Make pm_clk_notify() do nothing in case DT passes
    power-domains
  clk: qcom: Add runtime support to handle clocks using PM clocks
  serial: msm: convert driver to use runtime PM apis
  mmc: sdhci-msm: convert driver to use runtime PM apis
  i2c: qup: Get rid of clock handling as its done using runtime
    callbacks
  spi: qup: Get rid of clock handling as its done using runtime
    callbacks

 drivers/base/power/clock_ops.c  |  8 ++++-
 drivers/clk/qcom/gdsc.c         | 20 +++++++++++
 drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-msm.c    | 46 ++++++-------------------
 drivers/spi/spi-qup.c           | 54 ++++++------------------------
 drivers/tty/serial/msm_serial.c | 33 +++++++++---------

QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation