ARM errata 430973 on multi platform kernels (was: OMAP3-N900: Add microphone bias voltages)

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 06:26:14 PDT 2015

On Sunday 05 April 2015 15:00:45 Sebastian Reichel wrote:

> > > Yes so it seems, and the bootloaders should really set it.
> > > It's also disabled for multiplatform builds.
> >
> > These are now done in u-boot as of: v2015.04-rc4
> >
> > http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=c6f90e1418a84fe5
> > fa463b38403bd1845cb6a59c
>
> Seems like "include/configs/nokia_rx51.h" has been forgotten.
> Note, that the kernel must still be able to enable the bit
> itself (in case NOLO is used without u-boot).
>
> -- Sebastian

You must not expect that bootloader set something. Nokia N900 has
closed and signed bootloader which cannot be easily replaced and
or fixed.

For N900 there is U-Boot but it does not support lot of things
(load kernel via usb or serial) so for developers it is better to
use original Nokia bootloader.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com