[GIT PULL] ARM: BCM5301X: SoC changes for v3.19

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Nov 21 03:42:12 PST 2014

On Thursday 20 November 2014 21:45:29 Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> On 11/20/2014 10:27 AM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > - The pull request is based on -rc4, but I see no strong reason why you did
> >   that. It helps us a lot of all pull requests in a branch are based off
> >   the same -rc, so please have them based on -rc1 by default or explain why
> >   you picked something else in the tag description.
>
> I just thought that I should base it on a recent -rc, so I took -rc4, I
> can rebase it on rc1 if you like, I do not depend on any new stuff.

No, you should base on the oldest -rc that works for you to avoid backmerges.
When I start the next/soc branch from -rc1 and I pull in a branch that
is based on -rc4, 'git request-pull' can no longer figure out what the
base changeset was and I have to manually edit the pull request.

> > If you want, I can just cherry-pick the two patches from your branch into
> > the next/soc branch so you don't have to rebase it this time.
>
> That would be nice.

I've cherry-picked the first one, but the "BCM5301X: select GPIOLIB as
optional" change no longer applies: as part of Scott's "ARM: mach-bcm:
Consolidate currently supported IPROC SoCs", bcm5301x now selects
ARCH_IPROC, which already uses ARCH_REQUIRE_GPIOLIB.

Let me know if that is a problem.

	Arnd