[PATCH 5/9] rc: sunxi-cir: Add support for the larger fifo found on sun5i and sun6i

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 02:13:17 PST 2014


On 11/21/2014 10:59 AM, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 09:42:09AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>> On 11/21/2014 09:26 AM, Maxime Ripard wrote:
>>> Hi Mauro,
>>> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 02:28:56PM -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>>>> Em Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:55:24 +0100
>>>> Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> escreveu:
>>>>> Add support for the larger fifo found on sun5i and sun6i, having a separate
>>>>> compatible for the ir found on sun5i & sun6i also is useful if we ever want
>>>>> to add ir transmit support, because the sun5i & sun6i version do not have
>>>>> transmit support.
>>>>> Note this commits also adds checking for the end-of-packet interrupt flag
>>>>> (which was already enabled), as the fifo-data-available interrupt flag only
>>>>> gets set when the trigger-level is exceeded. So far we've been getting away
>>>>> with not doing this because of the low trigger-level, but this is something
>>>>> which we should have done since day one.
>>>>> Signed-off-by: Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com>
>>>> As this is meant to be merged via some other tree:
>>>> Acked-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab at osg.samsung.com>
>>> I think merging it through your tree would be just fine.
>>> Acked-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com>
>> Heh, I was thinking it would be best if it went through Maxime's tree because
>> it also has some deps on new clk stuff (well the dts have deps on that), but either
>> way works for me.
>> Maxime if you want this go through Mauro's tree, I can send a pull-req to Mauro
>> (I'm a linux-media sub-maintainer), so if that is the case let me know and I'll
>> prepare a pull-req (after fixing the missing reset documentation in the bindings).
> So much for not reading the cover letter... Sorry.
> We're getting quite close to the end of the ARM merge window, and I
> got a couple comments, Lee hasn't commented yet, so I'd say it's a bit
> too late for this to come in.

Oh, but this was not intended for 3.19, this can wait till 3.20 from my pov,
sorry if that was not clear. I was assuming that the merge window was more
or less closed already, so that this going into 3.20 was expected.



More information about the linux-arm-kernel mailing list