[RFC] adp1653: Add device tree bindings for LED controller

Jacek Anaszewski j.anaszewski at samsung.com
Thu Nov 20 04:48:27 PST 2014

Hi Pavel,

On 11/20/2014 01:12 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I would also swap the segments of a property name to follow the convention
>> as in case of "regulator-max-microamp".
>>
>> Updated version:

>> Optional properties for child nodes:
>> - max-microamp : maximum intensity in microamperes of the LED
>> 		 (torch LED for flash devices)
>> - flash-max-microamp : maximum intensity in microamperes of the
>> 		       flash LED; it is mandatory if the led should
>> 		       support the flash mode
>> - flash-timeout-microsec : timeout in microseconds after which the flash
>> 		           led is turned off
>
> Works for me. Do you want to submit a patch or should I do it?

You can submit a patch for leds/common.txt and a separate patch for the
adp1653 with a reference to the leds/common.txt for the child nodes.

>> - indicator-pattern : identifier of the blinking pattern for the
>> 		      indicator led
>>

> This would need a bit more documentation, no?

- indicator-pattern : identifier of the blinking pattern for the
  		      indicator led; valid identifiers should be
		      defined in the documentation of the parent
		      node.

I wouldn't go for pre-defined identifiers as the pattern
can be a combination of various settings like ramp-up, ramp-down,
pulse time etc. Drivers should expose only few combinations of
these settings in my opinion, like e.g. leds-lm355x.c does.

Regards,
Jacek