[GIT PULL] ARM: BCM5301X: SoC changes for v3.19

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Nov 20 01:27:22 PST 2014

On Wednesday 12 November 2014, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> ARM: BCM5301X: SoC: two patches for the SoC part
>
> These patches were all send to the arm list and I haven't got any
> negative responses.

> Hauke Mehrtens (1):
>       ARM: BCM5301X: fix early serial console
>
> Rafał Miłecki (1):
>       ARM: BCM5301X: select GPIOLIB as optional

Hi Hauke and Florian,

sorry for the late reply. The patches are both good and I want to merge them,
but I have two problems with your pull request:

- I'm unsure about who is sending us patches for mach-bcm. I was under the
  assumption that Florian would now handle all of them and pick up your
  patches to forward them to arm at kernel.org together with the other mach-bcm
  platforms. I'd much rather get only patches from one person per platform
  directory, though we can have multiple people if that's what you all want.

- The pull request is based on -rc4, but I see no strong reason why you did
  that. It helps us a lot of all pull requests in a branch are based off
  the same -rc, so please have them based on -rc1 by default or explain why
  you picked something else in the tag description.

If you want, I can just cherry-pick the two patches from your branch into
the next/soc branch so you don't have to rebase it this time.

	Arnd