[PATCH v4 0/2] Handle reboot for Exynos SoC via restart_handler
pankaj.dubey at samsung.com
Mon Nov 17 03:21:11 PST 2014
This patch removes restart hook from machine_desc of Exynos, and moves
respective code into restart_notifiers.
Exynos5440 handles reboot via clock register so let's register a
restart_handler in Exynos5440 clock driver.
For rest Exynos SoC, reboot is handled via PMU SWRESET register so
let's register a restart_handler in PMU driver for handling this.
This patch is inspired and dependent on following patch series from
: kernel: Add support for kernel restart handler call chain
I have tested reboot functionality on Exynos3250 based board, on
kgene/for-next as well as linux-next's next-20141114 tag.
Patch v3 and related discussion can be found here
Changes since v3:
- As v2 is causing conflict after recent changes in kgene/for-next,
rebased on top of kgene/for-next dated 2014-11-13.
- Removed dependency patch list from cover-letter as all dependencies
are merged into kgene/for-next.
Changes since v2:
- Used register_restart_handler instead of register_reboot_notifier.
- Updated notifier names and commit message accordingly.
Changes since v1:
- Addressed review comments from Tomasz Figa. Removed usage of
local variables where ever unnecessary.
- Make reg_base as global in clk-exynos5440.c file, to avoid
iomapping it again in reboot_notifier handler.
Pankaj Dubey (2):
clk: samsung: exynos5440: move restart code into clock driver
ARM: EXYNOS: PMU: move restart code into pmu driver
arch/arm/mach-exynos/common.h | 1 -
arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos.c | 23 -----------------------
arch/arm/mach-exynos/pmu.c | 23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/clk/samsung/clk-exynos5440.c | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
4 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel