iMX6 GPIO input

John Tobias john.tobias.ph at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:56:51 EDT 2014

Hello all,

I am using kernel 3.13 at the same time I pulled the latest for-next
of Shawn's repo. For the testing, I un-allocated the gpio3 pin 22 by
disabling cd-gpios = <&gpio3 22 0>;  in ushdc3 of imx6sl-evk.dts file
in order to export it in the userspace.

Then, I do the following in the userspace:

echo 86 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo in > /sys/class/gpio/gpio86/direction
cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio86/value

I got 4194304 value which is correspond to gpio3 pin 22. If the SD
card is inserted, I got 0.

Previously, the gpio should return 1 or 0 (depending how the gpio is
configured). But, now it was returning a value based on bit
representation of the pin.

Is these a new implementation or it is a bug?

Regards,

john