[ARM ATTEND] Following discussions, ARM64 SoC support, DT backward compat

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Mar 26 14:46:54 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm a regular contributor to the Marvell EBU platform, mainly regarding
the support of the most recent processors Armada 370, Armada XP, Armada
375 and Armada 38x.

For this reason, I'm interested in following discussions with the other
ARM kernel maintainers and contributors, simply to ensure I remain
up-to-date with the latest directions in the ARM kernel world.

Also, I'm interested specifically in:

 * Hearing a bit about ARM64, and how the SoC support is going to work.
   For example how code is shared between ARM and ARM64 when you have
   two SoCs that are similar, but one has a 32 bits ARM core and the
   other a 64 bits ARM core. And generally the status of ARM64 support.

 * Discussing practical examples of Device Tree backward compatibility,
   and how to handle them. Discuss whether improvements to the FDT API
   are not needed to help in coping with those backward compatibility
   problems.

Thanks!

Thomas
--