ARM diagnostic register across suspend/resume

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Jun 17 03:23:44 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 11:21:23AM +0100, Will Deacon wrote:
> I think that actually works ok, because writing zeroes doesn't actually
> do anything as far as I understand. The problem with suspend/resume is
> that the suspend/resume cycle could well clear the internal state and
> writing zeroes won't re-enable the workaround bits.
>
> I'll double-check this with the hardware guys, since this register really
> is undocumented.

Are you saying that it is write one to set, and writing zero is ignored?
If that's true, we should simplify the work-around code to get rid of the
read-modify-write.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: now at 9.7Mbps down 460kbps up... slowly
improving, and getting towards what was expected from it.