exynos5420-peach-pi: linux-next boot fails unless mau_epll left enabled?

Doug Anderson dianders at google.com
Tue Jun 10 13:26:22 PDT 2014

Javier,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Javier Martinez Canillas
<javier.martinez at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes, I did not have this issue before. However... I installed the latest Peach
> pit recovery image you provided me and mainline kernel started to hang on boot.
> I remembered this thread so tested Kevin's patch which make it boot again.
>
> You said that chain-booting u-boot runs the sound init code but did you try
> booting a signed FIT image using the verified u-boot?

Right, I'd bet that it's actually verified boot that's calling the
sound init code (probably just in case it needs to beep at the user).
...so this would happen even without chain booting.  I haven't tried
signing / booting without chain booting, but I can totally believe it
would hang just as easily.

> I'm asking because I'm see the hang both when chain-booting nv-u-boot from a
> kernel partition and booting a signed FIT image with the verified u-boot.
>
> So it seems this is a regression in latest U-boot and I didn't run into this
> before due having an older RW U-Boot on my Peach pit?

You must have had a very old RW U-Boot, possibly one before audio
support was added.  I think we just need to fix this in the kernel so
it doesn't hang.

-Doug