Problems booting exynos5420 with >1 CPU

Abhilash Kesavan kesavan.abhilash at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:31:27 PDT 2014

Hi Doug,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:50 PM, Doug Anderson <dianders at google.com> wrote:
> Abhilash,
>

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Abhilash Kesavan
> <kesavan.abhilash at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Doug Anderson <dianders at google.com> wrote:
>>> Abhilash,

>>> Ah, is that this one, or a different one?
>>>
>>> https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/#/c/66049/
>> Yes, this along with a kernel side change.
>
> Can we safely take this one without the kernel-side one?
Yes, just the u-boot change should suffice.

>>> If we land that patch now it won't help since nobody is going to be
>>> updating their read-only firmware.  We'll need to put code somewhere
>>> that fixes it.
>> We just carry the workaround fix locally until we migrate to mainline
>> u-boot for 5420 where the unnecessay check will not be present.
>
> I think there are people out there who want to run a mainline kernel
> on existing Chromebook 2 hardware and don't want to rewrite their RO
> firmware.  We need a solution for those people.
Yes, I see your point. But, do you think someone who has changed the
existing fused kernel on the device to a mainline one would be averse
to applying a couple of small work-around changes as well ? Their
finding this thread and the proposed "magic" fixes may be difficult
but not the actual application I think.

How about having a page similar to
"http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/how-tos-and-troubleshooting/using-an-upstream-kernel-on-snow"
for Peach ? We could have the work-arounds listed there.