Bad Page dump (help)

Felipe Balbi balbi at ti.com
Thu Jul 31 16:04:14 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:30:27AM -0500, Felipe Balbi wrote:

<snip>

> > I'm suspecting that you either have badly a routed data bus connection
> > on bits 23:16, or you have a bad RAM chip which corrupts those bits.
> >
> > It may be worth trying a simple assembly-level RAM test which pokes
> > all locations with alternating 0xffffffff, 0x00000000 and verifies
> > them.  By that I mean odd word addresses set to one value, even set
> > to the other, verify, reverse them, try again.
> >
> > Alternatively, if there's a proper ARM memory checker around, I think
> > it would be well worth running it on this board to check the integrity
> > of the hardware.
>
> I'll try u-boot's memtester and see what results it yields.

alright, stock u-boot's memtest didn't help much, so I modified it a bit
and started seen issues when I was testing only the first 4MiB of RAM.
Here's one small snippet of the output:

RET    ADDR            WR          RD

FAIL @ 80000010 exp fffffffd got ffeafffd
FAIL @ 80001c30 exp fffffe3b got fffbfe3b
FAIL @ 80000630 exp ffffff9b got fffbff9b
FAIL @ 80000430 exp ffffffbb got ff5bffbb

So what I just did is that I changed u-boot so it was test 768MiB and
I'll leave this running for the next 4 days or so, then I'll report
here. In any case, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

cheers

--
balbi