[GIT PULL v2] nommu fixes for 3.17-rc1

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Wed Jul 30 00:06:10 PDT 2014

Hi Russell,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:35:43PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 09:42:46AM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:

> > > You neither commented nor pulled this request (at least I didn't find it
> > > in your repository). Is it still on your radar?
> > I'd really like to have this in 3.17. Any chances? Would you prefer to
> > get these patches into your patch tracker?
>
> Hmm, the key thing for pull requests that you want me to pull is to send
> them to linux+pull at ... rather than plain linux at ... for the simple reason
> that most people are incapable of addressing their emails correctly.
Mine was sent to rmk+linux at ..., but I assume that's just an alias for
linux at ... and I noted to use the new address in the future.

> It is very difficult to sort out which messages that contain "GIT PULL"
> are meant for me - especially when people put me in the To: field of
> all sorts of random emails with very little thought.  Because of that
> behaviour, which has recently spread to replies by various mailers too,
> I no longer take any notice of which header field my email address
> appears in any message.
You could make life easier for contributors (and maybe also yourself) by
assuming that a mail that lists only you in To: was sent by someone
who got the difference between To and Cc and put it into your linux+pull
folder. Just a suggestion.

> The actions of various people and various email programs which don't
> understand the meaning of To: and Cc: has made this much harder than
> it otherwise needs to be, so now we need to invent new ways to work
> around that "bug" in many humans on this planet.
>
> Based on your subject line, I'm queuing this for the merge window.
That's what I intended.

Thanks
Uwe