[GIT PULL][for 3.17] pull request for adding Hisilicon SoC MAINTAINERS

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sat Jul 26 09:41:53 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 12:33:48PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Friday 25 July 2014 13:59:17 xuwei wrote:
> > Hi Olof, Hi Kevin, Hi Arnd,
> >
> > Resend it again and add arm at kernel.org into the CC list.
> > Please help to merge pull request for adding Hisilicon SoC maintainer.
> >

> Merged into next/soc, thanks!
>
> I think Olof's previous comment was that this didn't need to be
> a separate pull request but could just be part of the "pull
> request for hisilicon soc".

In particular, it seemed early to me to merge a maintainer update for a new
contributor that we haven't seen code from yet, and the pull requests we've
seen have been problematic. More often we label maintainers after they've
gotten used to the role.

It just seemed backwards the way it came in.

-Olof