[RFC V2] devicetree: Dialog Semiconductor consolidate existing vendor prefixes to standardise on 'dlg'

Opensource [Steve Twiss] stwiss.opensource at diasemi.com
Mon Jul 21 07:40:02 PDT 2014

On 15 July 2014 16:04, Steve Twiss wrote:

> [...]
[...]
>This patch series updates the device tree vendor prefix for
>Dialog Semiconductor.
>Various methods are currently used throughout the kernel: 'diasemi',
>'dialog' and 'dlg'. Others have also been suggested.
>This patch set aims to consolidate the usage of the vendor prefix to
>use a common standard. The prefix 'dlg' is used.
[...]

Hello all,

Have there been any further thoughts on this? I would like move this issue forwards so
that this problem this does not keep arising.

>From my point of view, the argument is a simple one: what is the value of existing multiple
vendor prefixes if they do not work and are not used anywhere?

But, as usual I recognise that the kernel community have different aims and I am willing
to compromise with my patches in order to move ahead.

Regards,
Steve