Issue found in Armada 370: "No buffer space available" error during continuous ping

Maggie Mae Roxas maggie.mae.roxas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 19:45:13 PDT 2014

Hi Willy,
Good day.

BTW, here are some answers to your questions.

> In fact I don't know if you're running your own board or a "standard"
one (a mirabox or any NAS board).
We are using a "customized" one, not a "standard" one.
We based the design on Armada 370 RD Evaluation Board, but we used
Marvell 88E1512 as Ethernet PHY and Marvell 88F6707 as processor
instead of the ones in the Armada 370 RD (I think it uses Marvell
88E1310 as Ethernet PHY and Marvell 88F6W11 as processor).

> Because that could also be one of the
differences between what you observe on your side and our respective
experiences with our boards.
Acknowledged.

> Maggie, do you know if it is possible that for any reason your board
would not deliver an IRQ on Tx completion ? That could explain things.
> You can easily test reverting commit 4f3a4f701b just in case.
> If that's the case, then the next step will be to figure out how it is possible
that IRQs are disabled!
After reverting 4f3a4f701b, as I reported, issue does not happen anymore.
Please let me know how to "figure out how it is possible that IRQs are
disabled".

Also, what is the impact if I use this combination?
> - use 3.13.9 mvneta.c
> - apply cd71e246c16b30e3f396a85943d5f596202737ba
> - revert 4f3a4f701b59a3e4b5c8503ac3d905c0a326f922

Are there functionalities that won't work?

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,
Maggie Roxas