i.MX6 graphics status

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Fri Jul 4 11:18:34 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 06:40:42PM +0200, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> do any of you have, by chance, information about status of i.MX6
> graphics? I mean things like GLX and H.264 encoding and decoding.
> I know Freescale has some (partially binary-only) packages which can do,
> to some degree, GLX and perhaps other things. Is it all I can use, or
> maybe etnaviv/etc. could be used as well? What about IMX DRM driver?

Our focus is now on emptying our internal patch queue, which grew
already too large. Philipp Zabel posted a bunch of CODA and CSI patches;
a lot of review feedback needs to be worked into the series.

We gained some projects recently which involve improving the Etnaviv
stack (we had a prototype running with Qt 5 earlier this year), let's
see where this leads to. All the results will be posted here.

rsc