mwifiex card reset

Doug Anderson dianders at chromium.org
Tue Jul 1 08:09:38 PDT 2014

+Olof who posted the patch that Yuvaraj referenced.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 5:20 AM, Yuvaraj Cd <yuvaraj.lkml at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:27 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:44:29PM -0700, Bing Zhao wrote:
>>> I may have missed something, but doesn't the MMC_POWER_OFF and
>>> MMC_POWER_ON|UP handling in controller driver help?
>>> Anyway the clocks/GPIOs/regulators are sort of platform
>>> dependent. Would it be better putting it in /arch/arm/mach-xxxxx/?
>>
>> Wouldn't device tree for mmc be better?
> I have come across same problem.Below is the thread in which more
> discussions happened on this.
>  http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/312444/
> I am adding few more those who are interested in this solution.

Thanks to Yuvaraj for referencing the old thread.

It seems like there are already enough chefs in the kitchen so I'm not
going to add any more suggestions myself.  I'll point out that on all
ARM Chromebooks (which to date have a Marvell part connected via SDIO)
all face the same problem.  In production kernels we've continued to
get by with various hacks.  The current kernels use a hack with
regulator chaining and assumptions about 32K clocks already being on.
This is less egregious than the hacks in older kernels which initted
WiFi in the LCD backlight function (dont ask) but is still a hack.

-Doug