Samsung-clk patches for 3.15

Tomasz Figa t.figa at samsung.com
Fri Jan 24 09:38:33 EST 2014

Hi,

Linux 3.14 is going to include Andrzej Hajda's patches converting
Samsung clock drivers to use clock ID defines in include/dt-bindings,
instead of local enums, but to avoid unnecessary merge conflicts we have
converted only the clock driver, leaving DTS files unchanged yet.

We intend to complete the conversion in 3.15, by replacing magic numbers
in DTS files with respective preprocessor macros, but to reduce
potential conflicts we need help of you, Samsung clock patches authors :).

I'd like to ask anybody who already has patches for DTS files adding any
clock-related contents still using numeric IDs, e.g. clock properties in
nodes or full nodes containing clock properties, to make sure that the
patches are merged before Andrzej sends the conversion patches. Then
Andrzej's script will generate patches updating all clock properties,
leaving no numeric IDs in DTS files.

If you are just starting your work on a patch that introduces changes as
mentioned above, please make sure to already use clock macros, not
numeric IDs. Otherwise you risk having needless rebases with a lot of
conflicts. You have been warned ;).

Best regards,
Tomasz