[BUG] FL1009: xHCI host not responding to stop endpoint command.

David Laight David.Laight at ACULAB.COM
Wed Jan 15 04:59:10 EST 2014

From: Arnaud Ebalard
> Sent: 14 January 2014 21:54
> To: Sarah Sharp
> Cc: linux-usb at vger.kernel.org; linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org; Bjørn Mork
> Subject: Re: [BUG] FL1009: xHCI host not responding to stop endpoint command.
>
> Hi Sarah,
>
> Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp at linux.intel.com> writes:
>
> >> I can add the following:
> >>
> >> 2) I just tested the copy of the small files using the ICY DOCK
> >> MB981U3S-1S connected to my ReadyNAS 102 *on a 3.11.7 kernel*
> >> and it completed successfully.
> >
> > Please try a 3.13-rc7 kernel after running `git revert 35773dac5f86`.
>
> I tried current 3.13.0-rc8 w/ 35773dac5f86 reverted and the result is
> the same:

That patch only affects an error code and stops the fs code retrying for ever.

Does everything work if you comment out the code in xhci-ring.c that adds
NOP TRBs to the ring end in order to stop the LINK TRB appearing in the middle
of a TB.
The ethernet code needs it, but the disk transfers are (probably) aligned
such that they don't.

If that all works I'll look at writing a patch that either doesn't use NOPs
or checks the alignment of all the fragments.

	David