regression: Clock changes in next-20141205 break at least omap4

Paul Walmsley pwalmsley at nvidia.com
Mon Dec 15 17:31:28 PST 2014

On 12/15/2014 05:38 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Paul Walmsley <pwalmsley at nvidia.com> [141215 16:23]:
>> On 12/15/2014 03:02 PM, Mike Turquette wrote:
>>> Quoting Paul Walmsley (2014-12-12 15:28:32)

>>> Paul,
>>>
>>> I identified the patch in your tree that is missing in mine and, with
>>> Tony's help, applied your for-v3.19/omap-a signed tag to my tree. With
>>> these 5 patches in place I have applied Tero's two patches from
>>> Friday[0].
>>>
>>> Paul & Tony, are you OK for me to take both of Tero's patches? I'm
>>> already taking stuff in late so it is no trouble for me to pick up "ARM:
>>> OMAP3: clock: fix boot breakage in legacy mode" while I'm at it.
>>>
>>> I'm going to let this get at least one cycle in linux-next before
>>> sending my PR late this week. Hopefully Kevin (Cc'd) can check on the
>>> omap boards in his autobuilder once my tree hits -next?
>>>
>>> Let me know if I missed anything. Thanks for the great teamwork, gang.
>>>
>>> [0] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/<1418390521-7541-1-git-send-email-t-kristo@ti.com>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mike
>> I think Tony's taking the second patch from Tero.
> If it applies to what Mike has now queued, please take that too Mike:
>
> Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>

I just took a quick glance at Tero's second patch, and it looks like a
hack to me.  Better to fix the problem in the core CCF code if
possible.  I don't think there's any reason why a PLL couldn't have just
one parent clock.  But I'm fine with merging it as a short-term fix if
fixing the core code is difficult or risky.

- Paul