Oops: 17 SMP ARM (v3.16-rc2)

Iain Paton ipaton0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 03:43:21 PDT 2014

On 27/08/14 07:32, Mattis Lorentzon wrote:
> Hi Iain, Russell and Fabio,
>
>> The config is attached. Note that there's a lot of additional stuff enabled as
>> I'm aiming for a single general purpose kernel that covers i.MX6, AM3359,
>> Allwinner A10/A20 along with several versions of boards using those
>> particular SoCs.
>>
>> Same kernel binary on all the boards I've tried this on, only real differences
>> will be the devicetree and u-boot
>
> Amazingly we have been able to run a complete nightly test on eight i.MX6
> boards without hickups using Iain's config! We had to modify it slightly to get
> it to boot, please find attached patch and Iain's patched config.

Interesting. We obviously have some differences in how we boot, my changes to
your config to get it to boot basically amount to reverting the patch you attached
and then enabling sata and mmc. So far I've been unable to get your config to fail.

I'm attaching the patch showing what I changed in case it sheds any light on
what's going on, although I don't see why any of the changes make any difference.

My kernel command line is also fairly obvious with nothing I'd think is odd:
console=ttymxc1,115200n8 root=/dev/sda1 ro rootfstype=ext2 rootwait video= ahci-imx.hotplug=1

It would be good to know what makes my config work for you, I don't think I've
done anything special with it.

Iain