Device tree support for Atmel AC97 controller on AT91SAM9263

Bo Shen voice.shen at atmel.com
Mon Apr 14 01:39:43 PDT 2014

Hi Alexander,

On 04/12/2014 05:08 PM, Alexander Stein wrote:
> This set of patches add device tree support for the AC97 controller found
> on AT91SAM9263.
> The first two patches are minor cleanup, while the last ones add the actual
> support.

I just test the whole patch series, and find issues to work with device
tree kernel.
When we use dt kernel, no where assign the device id (so take it as
"-1"), so when register devices, it will be /dev/snd/pcmC0D-1p and
/dev/snd/pcmC0D-1c. So, the sound won't work.

The root cause is that when call "snd_pcm_new", it will pass
"chip->pdev->id" as parameter.

So, I am thinking whether this should be fix in <sound/atmel/ac97c.c> or
in <sound/core/pcm.c>

> Regards,
> Alexander

Best Regards,