[Question] Verification For arm64: suspend/resume implementation

Lorenzo Pieralisi lorenzo.pieralisi at arm.com
Fri Sep 13 10:40:02 EDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 03:53:53AM +0100, Leo Yan wrote:
> hi Lorenzo,
>
> I have applied your ARM64's suspend/resume related patches and can built
> successfully. i want to verify these patches on foundation model
> firstly, so below are my questions:
>
> "Code has been tested on AEM v8 models and a simple CPU idle driver that
> enables a C-state where CPUs are reset when wfi is hit."
>
> 1. Can u help share this simple cpu idle driver?

Yes, I will post a simple skeleton driver, PSCI based (bootwrapper
implementation), by the end of September.

> 2. On the foundation model, if the core is placed into reset state, then
> if there have interrupt is routed to the core, the core still cannot be
> waken up anymore; because the reset bit cannot be released by h/w. So
> how can let the core return back from the reset state?

Well, I am testing it with the AEM models power controller that is not
publicly available yet, and _should_ be released with the new version of the
foundation models.

As a first step, I will write a PSCI suspend implementation that just executes
wfi and resumes through the reset vector to emulate a power down as a means to
make the suspend/resume code path usable to everyone.

Lorenzo